Mr. Gilroy was born in Syracuse and had lived practically all of his life in Pittston. He lived on South Main Street, Pittston, for many years, but 19 months ago took residence with his daughter, Mrs. Thomas Gill of Parsons, where he remained until going to the convalescent home.
He was employed by the Pennsylvania Coal Company for 55 years, and retired about 20 years ago.
Mr. Gilroy was a member of St. John the Evangelist Church, Pittston.
Surviving are these children: Rev. Leo Gilroy, pastor of St. Ann’s Church , Freeland; Sister Madelina, at St. Cecelia’s Convent, Scranton; Sister Ethelbert, stationed at Marywood College; William, Pittston; Elizabeth, Freeland; Martin, Newark; Mrs. Ray Cosgrove, Raymond, John and Joseph, all of Washington and Mrs. Gill.
Funeral will be held form the funeral home, 802 Susquehanna Avenue, West Pittston.
Wilkes-Barre Record - October 9, 1950